All good marketers know to include a clear call to action (CTA) in their social posts. The link in bio and swipe up in stories are two CTA tools every influencer should know how to optimise.
Influencers are marketers in their own right. They build their own personal brand and expertly market products to their followers.
The combination of reach, engagement and the influencer's quality of content is so valuable for brands. Among many things, influencers help brands to increase product sales, brand recognition and reputation.
For a long time now, some influencer campaigns have been requiring influencers to include a link in their bio and for the influencer to drive their followers to it by mentioning it in their caption copy. An influencer with a business account can share the analytics of the click-throughs with brands. This is powerful data.
Now, with the introduction of swipe up in Instagram Stories, a lot of brands are actively seeking to work with influencers who have the swipe-up function. Unlike the link in bio, which requires followers to click away from the post onto the influencer’s account, the swipe-up in stories reduces the effort it takes for a follower to follow the CTA. This usually equals more click-throughs.
Influencers should look to optimise the success of their CTA in their Instagram bio or Stories so that they can increase the chances of getting repeat work. Often in Vamp campaigns the influencers who get the highest number of click-throughs per follower are chosen by the brand to be paid for additional usage rights. From the brand’s perspective, this content is tried and tested for its ability to influence. The brand might then use their content in an ad campaign to increase the success of the overall campaign.
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we actually help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.