How does this whole exclusivity thing work?
- You can't work with other influencer agencies or platforms who also hold an influencer agency license.
- Your registration under the Motivate / Vamp license is valid for 12 months. We'll renew this at the end of each term unless you advise us otherwise.
- If you'd like to remove yourself from the Motivate / Vamp license all we require is 30 days’ notice in writing at any time.
Can I still work with the brands and clients I have been working with direct if I sign with Vamp?
Absolutely! We’ve made it really simple. For paid agreements you have made with a brand all you need to do is direct them to Vamp via this email address or our website, they then complete our briefing document and we send you the brief via our app based on the terms you have agreed with the brand. We just need to vet the brief to ensure it meets the standard National Media Council guidelines before we send it out to you.
Do I also need a license when I work with brands outside the UAE (e.g. sponsored hotel stay in the Maldives)?
No, anything that is done outside the UAE will not require a license as the law is only applicable in the UAE.
What if I write a blog about something I have purchased or experienced in the UAE (paid from my own pocket), which shows my personal views and feedback?
You don’t need a license for that, because you are not doing anything commercial and you are not getting paid for writing your blog. Anything related to your own hobbies, experiences, purchases does not need to be under a license. You have the freedom to talk/write/post about your favourite things in the UAE
Do I need to use any specific hashtag(s) when I upload a sponsored post?
Yes, everything that you are posting that is considered commercial (whether paid or on a barter deal) will need to include the hashtag #ad in your caption. The hashtag should be visible and part of your first caption. It cannot be blended in as a comment.
Are you going to take a % cut from the amount I have agreed the brand to pay me?
Nope, the amount you have agreed with the brand to pay you will be the amount you are paid. Vamp will take a 15% processing fee from the brand themselves but we will not be taking a % of the amount you have negotiated with the brand.
What if I’m being offered free gifts, meals out, hotel stays, anything free in return for free advertising on my social media channels?
You do need a license for this. However, from a processing side of things we ask that you CC Vamp on any email correspondence or agreements with the brand.
Vamp will not charge you or the brand for bartered agreements as long as you stick to the posting guidelines when representing brands on your social channels. The guidelines are listed within the app and this will ensure you remain within the National Media Council requirements.
What if I am offered products or services for free without any obligation to post about this product?
You do not need a license for this.
What if a brand asks me for my Vamp license details?
Under an influencer agency license you are not provided an individual license, however when asked you can mention that you are National Media Council certified under the Vamp license and you can quote our license number, when needed.
Once I have signed the agreement, what’s the next step?
Nothing. You're good to go! We'll take care of processing your details with the National Media Council.
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.