If you’re a Vamp influencer you’ve probably heard us talking lots about promoting other brands authentically in your feed through the style of product placement rather than product endorsement. Here we give you the run down defining what product placement is and how it applies to social channels like Instagram.
The difference between product placement & product endorsement
Product placement 👍
Product placement is a form of advertising that involves creating a scene in which the product features naturally and authentically. Product placement on a creative social media channel like Instagram gives you, the content creators, the power to feature the product in any creative and authentic way that you choose.
Brrrrrrr it’s cold in Melbourne today, headed off to work and grabbed my favourite coffee to keep me warm! @tobysestate #tobyswinterwarmer
Product endorsement 👎
Product endorsement is loud glaring advertising overly promoting the purchase of a product. Vamp promotes product placement as it engages people in a much more effective way and is seen as more trustworthy. By subtly including a product in your image it allows your followers to see how you use the product in a real and authentic manner. For example if you are a serious coffee lover and regular drink Toby’s Estate below are two ways that you could communicate this, one is product placement the other endorsement.
I love Toby’s estate coffee, make sure you head out and get some today! @tobysestate #tobyswinterwarmer
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.