Please drink (and promote) responsibly 🍹
With great influence, comes great responsibility and, like it or not, as an influencer in the public eye you need to be careful when promoting alcohol/liquor brands to follow legal guidelines. Otherwise you and the brand you're representing can get in trouble.
If you are 25 years or older and have a following of which at least 75% are 18 years old or older, then you might receive alcohol briefs in the Vamp app which you can opt-in to apply for if you like.
To avoid having to re-shoot or getting in legal trouble, there are some guidelines you'll need to follow when creating your content and talking about it on your social channels.
These vary from country to country so it's important that you check the legalities in whatever region you're in from a trusted source. The Vamp team is here to help guide you wherever you need so feel free to reach out to us via chat message if you're unsure.
- It must not encourage the excessive or rapid consumption of an alcohol beverage, misuse or abuse of an alcohol beverage or consumption inconsistent
- It must not encourage irresponsible or offensive behaviour that is related to the consumption or presence of an alcohol beverage
- It must not challenge or dare people to consume an alcohol beverage
- It must not encourage the choice of a particular alcohol beverage by emphasising its alcohol strength or intoxicating effect must not have strong or evident appeal to minors
- It must not feature anyone under the age of 25 years old in their content or people who look under 25 years of age.
- It must not suggest that the consumption or presence of alcohol beverages can change a
mood or environment;
- It must not show the consumption or presence of alcohol beverages as leading to personal, business, social, sporting, sexual or other success;
- It must not imply or suggest that an alcohol beverage shown as part of a celebration was a
cause of the success or achievement;
- It must not suggest that the consumption of alcohol beverages offers any therapeutic benefit or is a necessary aid to relaxation;
- It must not show the consumption of alcohol beverages before or during any activity that for safety reasons requires a you to be alert or physically co-ordinated, such as the control of a motor vehicle, boat or machinery or swimming;
- It must not feature someone holding more than 1x drink in their hands and must feature minimum of 2x glasses in shot (wine/spirits etc).
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.