All influencers picked for Vamp campaigns are selected by the brand.
As the influencer marketing industry matures brands are getting increasingly specific about who they partner with on campaigns. It's become a lot more sophisticated than just your reach, engagement rate, content and aesthetic. Although each of these do come into play.
Brands now have complex internal processes in place to ensure they get the most out of their influencer partnerships.
There can be a number of reasons why a brand didn't select you for an opportunity which can include:
- Competition: briefs can be very competitive so if your engagement rate and quality of content is a bit lower than another influencer/content creator who applied for the brief you might just miss out.
- Style: they might be looking for a specific aesthetic for their campaign to align with a wider advertising campaign.
- Audience demographics: it's not just about how many followers you have any more but more about who your followers are. Where they live, their age and gender are some of the demographics that brands consider.
But we promise you. None of the reasons why you weren't picked are because you're not good enough, or not "on-brand" enough, or any of those usual generic lines of feedback you might hear. 🙄
Let us make one point crystal clear. If you are a part of Vamp's exclusive network of content creators and influencers and you received the brief, you are always good enough. 🤗
Don't let it get you down
At Vamp we are not about encouraging your inner critic - let's call him Cletus - to have any airtime here. Cletus can go suck a lemon 🍋😤 as far as we're concerned because being a fearlessly authentic content creator takes a lot of skill, hard work and creativity.
If you missed out this time, try again. And tell Cletus 🙅to have a bit more R-E-S-P-E-C-T for your influencer journey.
How the Vamp selection process works
We've made it as easy as possible for you to opt-in. You don't have to spend ages formatting a media brief, pitching a concept, creating a mood board, negotiating, etc.
Vamp campaigns vary in available spots for influencers. From a small handful to up to 100 in a campaign - it can be pretty competitive - which means that even if you are a match made in heaven you won't always get selected.
Because we are completely transparent with our influencers, here's some of what happens behind the scenes:
- We send out a brief to all relevant influencers.
- You take a minute to opt-in for a brief you like.
- The client selects their preferred influencers from the shortlist (there can be multiple levels of approval here).
- We confirm these influencers and send you a notification in the Vamp app to let you know whether it's a yay or nay.
So as you can see there's a whole lot going on in the backend with us trying to get you an opportunity 😅
Your best bet? Opt-in to great opportunities as they come in and keep upping your Insta-game to increase your chances of getting selected.
If you'd like more specific feedback
We support the growth of our influencers and content creators which is why we provide so many educational tools and resources to help you to flourish here on our Help Centre and on our blog.
If you'd like some more specific insights into why you might be missing out on campaigns, our Talent team love you and are here for you. You can ask for feedback by e-mailing email@example.com.
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.