Our collective is invite-only
Not everybody gets approved to join Vamp's collective of high quality influencers and content creators. Here's what to expect when you're approved to join Vamp.
Each and every Instagram account is manually approved by our team of Talent Managers on a variety of criteria.
This criteria includes:
A cultivated community of followers is something we take into account when considering applicants.
Many brands we work with look for 10,000 followers as a starting point.
However, if your following is under 10,000 but your content is high quality and follower engagement high, we are very happy to consider your application. You might be just perfect for a brief and we wouldn't want you to miss out on an opportunity because you don't have a huge following.
A high engagement rate means that your community is highly interactive. It indicates to brands how much your followers like and comment on your content.
The industry benchmark for influencers on a post on Instagram is about 3%. If your account is on or above 3% average engagement rate, it'll help to increase your chances to get selected.
A high quality of content is one of the key factors we look at when inviting influencers into our platform. Every post that makes it to your Instagram feed should be carefully selected for
- Lighting: Mastering the light in your photo is essential for giving it a high quality, premium feel.
- Camera angle/depth of field: The product and objective of what you are capturing will often determine the the best angle for you to shoot.
- Image/video format: Whether you're using a phone or a DSLR camera, learn how to get the most out of the device you have.
- Editing: Adding the same filter to all photos using apps such as VSCO, Lightroom and Snapseed could add visual consistency.
A consistency of content aesthetic, themes and tone of voice on your Instagram account indicates to us a strong personal brand.
As we give our influencers full creative control of the brief, brands look to your Instagram feed for examples of the kind of content you might produce. If they're confident that you'll produce a certain level of content consistently, they'll be more likely to select you.
Equally, your followers expect a certain level of consistency in the content you share with them. While this doesn't mean you can't have fun experimenting with different subjects, editing techniques and content types, it does mean that you need to know your personal brand in and out. All your content should help the brand you are building.
Maintaining consistency is one of the reasons why it's essential to plan your content well ahead of time.
Authentic influencers are powerful because people are more likely to seek someone's advice if they trust that it's from an authentic source.
In the world of influencer marketing authenticity means being true to your own personal brand. Being transparent with your followers, only doing sponsored posts for brands you truly believe in and protecting your integrity all contribute to your authenticity.
Did we answer your question 😎? Or are you still a bit 🤯?
Ain't no mountain high enough when it comes to helping you. ⛰️
Where you can go from here:
- Did we help? Let us know if the article helped you by voting Yes or No below.
- Comment on the article. Sharing is caring, share your thoughts and questions.
- Speak to our team. If you need one-to-one help your friendly neighbourhood Vamperman (or woman) is here. Just send a support ticket.
- Suggest a feature. Your wish is my command. 🧞If there's something you'd like the app to do, let us know by suggesting or voting on a feature.
- Ask the community. Speak to thousands of influencers in the Vamp community by joining the general discussion. #communitynotcompetition.