Houston, we have a problem 🚀
There are a few reasons why you might be having trouble logging in which we go through below:
- Web history
- Security alert from Instagram
- Instagram business
Ensure you have an Instagram business
- Switch to Instagram business Here’s how to switch to Instagram business >
- Check you've connected your Facebook page to your Instagram business account. Having your Instagram business connected to a Facebook page is a must. To connect your Facebook page simply head to your Instagram profile settings , go into Business and tap Claim your Facebook page. More Instagram business account FAQs here >
Check for updates
- Check your Instagram app is up to date on Apple store/Google Play ✅
- Check you're on the latest version of iOS/Android ✅
- Check you're able to login on your Instagram app ✅
- Close the Vamp app in your phone’s background and open the app again ✅
- Delete the app and re-download it on the App/Google Play store ✅
- Ensure you have the latest version of the Vamp app on Apple store/Google Play ✅
Clear your history (iOS)
Go to Settings -> Safari -> Select Clear History and Website Data
Turn cookies off and on (iOS)
Go to Settings -> Safari -> Turn Block All Cookies on and off again
Check Instagram is linked via the Facebook mobile app
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap the three-lined menu on the right side
- Select the page connected to your business account
- Tap more > settings > Instagram
- If your account is properly connected you will see your users Instagram handle displayed at the top of the screen
- Try unlinking and re-linking your Facebook page as this can resolve connection issues
Refresh your connection with Vamp
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and go to profile
- Tap Settings & Privacy -> Settings -> Business integrations
- Click on Vamp and click remove
- Copy and paste this link into your browser https://app.vamp.me/login-facebook.html
- click continue with Facebook
- login with the same account you use to login to Vamp
- Go through the permission checks here. You will then be returned back to the website with a message showing "Facebook account connected"
Endless log in loop
This one is tricky and happens if you have multiple Instagram accounts linked to one Facebook page.
- Delete the app
- Re-download the app
- Open the app and click login with business
- Select continue on the message saying Vamp wants to use Facebook to sign in
- Select Edit settings on the screen that says "you've previously linked Vamp to Facebook"
- It will ask which account you want to link with Vamp - choose only the account that you're trying to log in with
- It will ask you to select pages. Choose only the page that your account is linked to.
- Click next
- Click ok
- Select your account and you should be able to log in as usual.
Check Facebook is linked to the business manager (if applicable)
- Login into a Facebook business manager
- Select the page connected to your business or creator account, another tab will open on your browser (if you're unsure which page is connected repeat these steps with all the listed pages)
- Select settings
- Scroll down to Instagram
- If your account is properly linked you will see your basic Instagram account information, if not you will have the option to link your account
Security alert login flow
- If Instagram shows you a "Suspicious login attempt" screen when you try to login to the Vamp app Instagram will ask you to enter the 6 digit code that is sent to either your mobile or email. It won't automatically redirect you back to the Vamp app to allow you to finish logging in.
- After you've entered the 6 digit code and logged into Instagram, you'll need to close the current browser window ( "Close" button on the top left in iOS, or some form of "X" button on Android browsers).
- When you return to the Vamp app you should see the login screen again. Click on the "Get started with Instagram" button again and you should be able to complete the login without having the "Suspicious login attempt" screen show.
If all of the above tricks of the trade don’t get you logged into the Vamp app, it could be a bug. 😷 A bit like the tech developer version of that infamous scene in the film Alien. Only kidding. 😅 If you could let our helpful team know we’ll find a fix as soon as we can for you. 🧐